Yes, it is!

Sunday, December 8, 2013

A Beautiful Night... In More Ways Than One

Wow, what a night!  I had the privilege of performing with the Masterworks Chorale tonight.  This is such a talented group of people and I am thoroughly enjoying being a part of the Chorale.  Tonight, our concert consisted of 2 parts.  The first part included a candlelight processional while we sang along with the children's choir.  Then we filed on stage where we continued to sing old and traditional Christmas carols.  The children's choir performed after us.  What a beautiful job they did.  I am now inspired to consider having Jackie audition for the children's choir.  (Jackie can sing beautifully).

After the children finished their portion of the concert, we had a short intermission before we finished out the concert with Handel's Messiah Pt.1 and the Hallelujah Chorus.  The orchestra did a fantastic job (hired professional musicians).  The soloists also performed beautifully. I just feel so honored to have been a part of this beautiful concert tonight.  

I think I have found my niche here. The chorale members make me feel so welcome and a part of the "family". They really seem to like me.  I am looking forward to getting to know my new chorale friends.  The director/conductor is also very kind and patient, and he has made sure that I have everything that I need to be successful in the Masterworks Chorale.

I was so excited to have a few friends come to the concert to support me.  I know at least a couple of them were praying for me because they know how nervous I can get.  And guess what?!  Their prayers worked!  I wasn't nearly as nervous as I thought I would be.  In fact, I hardly felt nervous, at all.  The thing that made me feel the most nervous was that I was in the front row on the end where I felt I would be more visible.  But I got over that quickly.  Of course, it did help to keep my focus on the conductor.  So, if those friends are reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming out on such a frigid and icy night to see us perform.  It means more to me than you will ever know.

The most beautiful thing that occurred tonight didn't even have to do with the concert.  But what happened there has given me a renewed hope.  See, a friend whom I haven't seen in nearly a year came to the concert.  There was a lot of hurt between us this past year and I had grieved over the distance that came between us. This precious friend came tonight to see me perform.   During intermission, I was able to quickly say hi to my friends and when I caught up with this other friend, we embraced and I didn't want to let her go.  It was so good to see her and hug her.  And my kids, especially Jackie, were all over her.  (There are certain friends of mine with whom Jackie has a special connection and this friend is one of them).  I never wanted to let this friend go because I had considered her to be my closest friend here.  We had good times together and I missed that this past year and a half.  I am so glad that God is working on us to repair our friendship.  I love this friend and even when we weren't talking, she was never far from my thoughts.  That must have been God's way of telling me that it wasn't completely over and that time would heal our hearts.  Seeing my friend tonight and the way we embraced made me realize that I truly was an important part of her life before we let hurt feelings fracture our friendship.  I'm looking forward to the next step to healing in our relationship.  My prayer is that God will continue to work in both of our hearts.  I especially pray that God will heal my friend's heart as she has been through so much pain this past year.

It really made my night to see this friend and to be able to hug her.  It made me so happy!  Thank you, Lord, for such a beautiful end to a most beautiful night (despite the frigid cold and snow/ice).

No comments: