Yes, it is!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

No Wonder She Had A Nightmare

Tim and and I woke in the middle of the night last night to find Jackie had crawled into bed with us. That was odd behavior for Jackie as the only time she will come into our room in the middle of the night is if a loud storm woke her up.  Ben, on the other hand, is the one who usually finds his way into bed with us.  

This morning, after the kids left for school, I got a call from the school that Jackie had forgotten her lunch and she didn't want any of the school choices.  I got Jackie's lunch ready and planned to drop it off at the school after I went to a morning Zumba class.  As I left the Zumba class, I received a phone another call from the school, this time letting me know that Jackie had gotten injured when she tripped on a step and hit her head on the floor.  After being reassured that Jackie wasn't in need of emergency care, I told the nurse that I would go ahead and check up on Jackie when I dropped off her lunch.  

So, I arrived at the school in time to have lunch with Jackie. As we're sitting there, Jackie began to tell me that she had a nightmare and that's why she got in bed with us.  She told me the nightmare was about how the neighboring house (the ones who hate us) had people who would come out with knives and try to steal her (Jackie).  These particular neighbors get very into Halloween with their morbid decorations.  I figured that's what got Jackie so scared. I reassured Jackie that I would never allow anybody to steal her or threaten her with knives.  

We got home and as I went through Jackie's folder, I discovered something.  It's no wonder she had a nightmare last night.  One of Jackie's assignments was to write a story.  Even though I always check Jackie's homework after she's done, I somehow missed the story map.  Apparently, the assignment was to write a scary story.  I'm not too keen on that, especially if it caused a nightmare for Jackie. Take a look:

No comments: