Yes, it is!

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Introvert? Extrovert?

I don't think I'm a very outgoing person.  In fact, I too often feel anxiety when I'm in larger groups of people. I actually do much better, socially speaking, with just a couple of people.  However, I have several people in my life who consider me to be a friendly, outgoing person. I'm quite the contrary.  As much as I try to give good first impressions, I fail more often than not. I just get so anxious.  There really are very few people with whom I feel that I can just let go and be myself.  By nature, I just am not an extrovert and today I read a blog post that proved that to be true.  

The following article fits me almost perfectly.  The only thing that really stood out to not apply is the one that says introverts often marry extroverts.  I most definitely did not marry an extrovert.  He is actually quite the opposite.  


So, my dear friends, just know that I really do like you and I'm not intentionally trying to be standoffish or stuck-up.  I really do enjoy being around my friends.  I just wish anxiety wasn't part of it.

No comments: