Yes, it is!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

As If Boy Dog Anatomy Wasn't Enough

Tonight as I got Ben's shower ready, Ben started to disrobe.  When he pulled his underwear off, he asked me what was on his genitals.  I looked and my first thought was that he must have somehow gotten a lot of dirt into his underwear.  I looked a little closer and realized that it was actually the lint from the black underwear he was wearing.  They were new and had been washed but I guess it's going to take a few washings before the black lint will quit adhering to the skin.  

After I finished telling Ben how he needed to make sure and wash all around his genitals to get the lint off, Ben looked at me and asked what the circles were.  I looked down and he was feeling his little scrotal sac.  Oh boy, he's only 5 years old and I'm not quite sure how to explain all these things to him at this age.   I was pretty sure "boy parts" wouldn't really suffice this time.  I mean, he can't visibly see the difference between boy and girl internal anatomy.  So, I told him to go ask his dad.  While he did that, I went back into the kitchen to get Jackie her ice-cream.  My bedroom is nearby and I could hear Ben asking his daddy what the circles were for and Tim's response was "I don't know."  Heheh.  It took everything in me not to burst out laughing.  As Ben went back to the bathroom to shower, he informed me there were 2 circles in there.  I couldn't help but chuckle inside.  But seriously, I really don't know to explain male anatomy at his age level.  My standard answer "boy parts" is just not going to suffice much longer.  

In case you wondered about the title, click HERE.

No comments: