Yes, it is!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Silly Kids

Last night, my children were on a roll with their antics.  While I went to the store for their grandmother (my mother-in-law), Grandma kept the kids busy with some drawing paper, pens and pencils, and a pair of scissors.  

A little while after I came home, I noticed a yellow piece of paper with writing on it.  I tried to pick it up to look at it but Jackie grabbed it away.  I didn't pursue it further as I got busy with something else.  Later on, I saw the paper on the bedroom floor so I picked it up and looked at it.  To my horror, this is what Jackie made: 
 I didn't know whether to laugh about it or be worried about Jackie's motivation.  I posted it on Facebook asking my friends if I should be worried.  I honestly wasn't sure.  Some of my friends actually thought it was funny.  I then shared it with my Mother-in-law.  When she finished reading it, she couldn't help but bust out laughing.  Watching my mother-in-law laugh near uncontrollably and then exclaim how Jackie says the craziest things made me start to laugh.  Then Mother-in-law asked if Jackie was planning on killing Ben.  I did ask Jackie about it later and she sheepishly said that she and Ben were "playing funeral".  Being that Jackie has been in a cemetery just once during her life, Mother-in-law was quite impressed at how Jackie had the details just right for a tombstone. 

The kids have been very wound up lately and have been difficult to get to bed and stay there.  Last night was no exception.  The last straw was when Ben came out one last time complaining of his fingernail hurting.  So, I grabbed the fingernail clippers, sat Ben on the chair, and began to clip his fingernails.  Once I finished the fingernails, I proceeded to start on his toenails.  As I began to clip the toenails, Ben exclaimed loudly (and rather seriously), "Dear God, Please be with me and help me!"  Now, I have NEVER caused any harm to any of his little digits so I don't know why he was so fervent with his little prayer.  As serious as I tried to be (being that it was already well past a normal bedtime for children), it just wasn't happening.  I could not hold in the laughter.  Then, every time I accidentally tickled Ben's foot, he would tense up and giggle and then clap a few times.  

As often as my children really challenge me, the innocent entertainment they provide makes it all worthwhile.

No comments: