Yes, it is!

Friday, November 30, 2012

One More Thankfulness Post

 This post is dedicated to my friend, Kat.

Because my children started to wage war while I was writing my all-in-one thankfulness post, I left out another important thing that I'm thankful for.  I am thankful for my friend, Kat, who has dropped everything at a moments' notice without me even asking for help from her.  That is a sign of a true friend.  I don't often ask others for help and when I do ask for help , it is a difficult thing for me to do.  Two years ago, Kat showed how much of a friend she is by being there for me 2 years ago when my daughter had a very serious accident and was transported by ambulance to one hospital and then to a children's hospital in St. Louis when it became clear that Jackie's situation was beyond what the local ER doctors were able to deal with.  Jackie was hemorrhaging uncontrollably and I texted a handful of people to pray for her.  Kat took it upon herself to come and support me (and Tim) personally at the 2nd hospital, a half hour away, while the doctors worked on Jackie to stop the bleeding.  I was so afraid that I was going to lose my little girl.  It was already past 9 pm when Kat showed up at the hospital and she stayed with me for over 3 hours before going back home.  Because Kat works full-time on top of working on college classes and being a parent and wife, we don't get to see each other and spend time together very often.  When we do spend time together, I enjoy KS's company.  Unfortunately, Kat has orders to move to a new base in March and I will certainly miss her.  Speaking of which, I am thankful for her servant heart as she serves our country in the Air Force despite having faced several very serious medical adversities during her time in the service.  That includes a cancer diagnosis and subsequent treatment.  I am thankful that God has spared Kat's life and allowed us to become friends.  

Thank you for your service Kat!

No comments: