Yes, it is!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My All In One Thankfulness Post

I'm late, I know, but life has a way of getting in the way sometimes.  So instead of doing a daily thankfulness post, and also to not be outdone by everyone else's thankfulness posts,  I have decided to make an all in one post list of 30 things that I'm thankful for.  Ready, enjoy!

1. I am thankful for my husband, even if he does call me mean.  And even if he intentionally annoys me.

2.  I am thankful for my healthy son,  severe speech disorder and sensory processing disorder and all. 

3.  I am thankful for my healthy daughter and I'm even thankful for her "disability." 

4.  I am thankful that despite the brain damage that my daughter suffered and doctors' subsequent early warnings about learning disabilities and despite her significant speech delay, she has not been affected cognitively.  She is a star student.  And I'm not going to apologize for that shameless brag.

5.  I am thankful for the Tricare health coverage that has covered all of my children's various therapy sessions and specialty doctor appointments.  

6.  I am thankful that God gave us another month to thoroughly enjoy our dog, Lucy, after her diagnosis of liver/spleen cancer.  We weren't even given 2 weeks after the diagnosis but with the help of prednisone, we were given extra time to enjoy our sweet girl.

7.  I am thankful for my closest friends in Florida because they are the ones who have stuck with me through thick and thin.  They are the epitome of true friendship even though they still know very little about me.  I miss them so much.

8.  I am thankful for the ability to be a stay-at-home mom for the first several years of my children's' lives so that I wouldn't miss out on their many early milestones.  As much as I would have liked to have worked full-time, my children have too many needs for me to take on such.

9.  I am thankful that even though my husband and I had a very difficult time in our marriage during the first few months of this year, I have learned to communicate with him better and am continuing to work  on it.  I am determined that our children will be raised in an intact home.

10.  I am thankful that my children, as much as they fight, are actually quite close and I foresee them continuing to be close.  It is my goal that my children will not experience fractured relationships with family members such as I've experienced.

11.  I am thankful for Jackie's physical therapist, Julie, with whom I've become quite close to.  How can I not be close to her?  She's been treating Jackie since Jackie was 9 months old.  Julie has been a huge source of encouragement and support for me since almost the very beginning of Jackie's life.

12.  I am so thankful that my children seem to have tender hearts and have compassion for others. Jackie especially has a tender heart and is very sensitive toward others who are suffering. 

13.  I am thankful for the gift of writing, although years ago, I never pictured myself being a writer.  I have had several opportunities to write guest posts/articles.  

14.  I am thankful for the opportunity to be a substitute teacher as it enables me to be flexible for my children's many appointments.  

15.  Speaking of being a substitute teacher, I am thankful that I am well-liked and that the teachers find me trustworthy enough to call me back to substitute when the need arises.  And I'm thankful that the kids always seem to like me even when I have to be firm with them.  

16.  Speaking of being a substitute teacher, I am thankful for teachers who leave very detailed and easy to read lesson plans for me.  It makes the job so much easier.  Being a substitute teacher is no longer the glorified babysitting job that it was when I was in school. 

17.  I am thankful for Zumba classes.  Even though it is difficult for me to develop close relationships, I have developed a small handful of sort of close relationships with other Zumba lovers.  For those friends, I am so thankful as they make me look forward to Zumba even more.  I miss them when they are not there and they miss me if I'm not there.  I can be myself around them and they still like me for me.   I hope those friends know who they are. 

18.  I am thankful for one certain person in particular who reached out to me and befriended me about a year ago. I mean, I'm nobody important and this other person (and her husband) is an important person.  It is nice to know somebody who really cares about me and my family enough to write me a note of encouragement.  And to invite my entire family, high maintenance kids included, to their house to enjoy after Thanksgiving meal and play games. 

19.  I am thankful for another friend in particular who texts me or sends me a message to thank me for a particular post or just to encourage me about something that I've written.  I rarely ever see her in person but hopefully she knows who she is. Just in case, though, her initials are PFP.

20.  Another friend whom I'm thankful for is somebody who can relate to me and my anxiety/panic disorder.  I've called her on more than one occasion to just talk to help me through an episode.  She's been there so she understands the fear.

21.  I am thankful for rekindled friendships via Facebook within these past couple of years.  Actually, before some of those people found me, I didn't have the fondest memories of many of them and didn't consider them friends. At. All. But I'm thankful that through the use of social media, I have received apologies and because of it, I have found healing and developed "new" friendships.  Those people know who they are, too. 

22.  I am thankful that my family and I will not live in Illinois forever.  Or is this wishful thinking?

23.  This may be odd because even though our neighbors on our east are our enemies and their 5 dogs are very noisy and wake us up too early sometimes, I am thankful for them because it could be worse.  Right?  

24.  I am thankful for my good health.  Even though this past year has been fraught with setbacks such as feet injuries, back injury, vacations, and an illness, I am still in relatively good health.  And I am especially grateful for the ability to walk.  

25.  I am thankful McDonald's sweet tea.  However, I am going to kick the habit once again very soon.

26.  I am thankful for my other dog, Dugan, as neurotic as he is.  He's a good little watchdog.  And he's an awesome frisbee dog, too.

27.  I am thankful for Magic Eraser.  Too bad I didn't invent that stuff.  I would be a millionaire.  That stuff is great.

28.  I am thankful for the people that I have heard from through my writing.  It's encouraging to hear from others who say they have been encouraged by a certain post that I wrote.  

29.  I am thankful that I am on number 29 because to think of 30 things that I'm thankful for before my children started to wage war, was starting to get a little tough.  So thankful that I love my kids unconditionally.

30.  One more thing that I am currently thankful for is an approval by Tricare for a medical procedure that I will be having in 2 weeks.  I'm looking forward to being more comfortable in more than one way.


No comments: