Yes, it is!

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Hold Them Close

I was reminded again today of just how precious life is, especially in regard to our children.  I just found out that a friend tragically lost her son to an accident.  This is the second son she has buried in 3 years.  Her oldest son was 19 when he died in an auto accident 3 years ago.  Almost exactly 3 years after burying that son, her younger son, age 21, died.  Her daughter, and now only child, is 2 1/2 months younger than my daughter.  I just cannot imagine the pain my friend is experiencing.  She and her husband have a strong faith and that is what is getting them through this difficult time.

I can't help but shudder at the thought of losing one of my own children.  In fact, we very nearly came close to losing Ben nearly 3 years ago when Tim's aunt nearly ran him over.  I'm so thankful that my son is alive and well.  That memory is seared into my memory.  

 Hold your children close and make sure they know that they are loved.  Life is so precious and we don't know what our future holds.  I'm still reeling from the news about my friend.  It's situations such as this that makes me wonder about God.  How can he take 2 children (and good children at that) from their mother in such a short amount of time? 

No comments: