Yes, it is!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Birthday To My Beautiful 8-Year Old Daughter

My first born baby is 8 today.  I'm still shaking my head in disbelief at how quickly these last few years have flown by.  I feel phenomenally blessed to have my beautiful little girl as she is a true miracle in every way, from the moment she was conceived.  This little girl has proved so many people wrong in all her accomplishments in her short life already.  This little girl who was once labeled at school during her preschool years as "globally developmentally delayed" is now a star student, a very successful student who is now in a challenge class at school.  Words cannot express how proud I am of my little girl.  I will continue to shamelessly brag about her because Jackie is such a trooper.  Most people don't even realize the magnitude of what she has been through since before she was born. 

 Jackie is a survivor, a fighter, an inspiration, and most of all, she is a beautiful little girl who is going to go so far in life.  She has been talking about becoming a doctor and I have no doubt that Jackie is capable of doing so.  She is very intelligent and she's also quite talented.  She is creative and she's silly.  She has a very tender heart, too, and that makes me even more proud to be her mother.  My heart swells with such pride for her that sometimes I feel tears of joy try to escape my eyes.  Sometimes, I can't help but stare at my baby girl in awe of her beauty.  I just can't believe how God has blessed me with such a beautiful little girl.  Jackie is perfect no matter her little disability and it is my prayer that I can continue to convey that message to her.  I just want the best for her which is why I have had to become an advocate to make sure that Jackie gets the best care possible for all of her needs and I will continue to fight for this precious gift from God.  Hopefully one day after Jackie becomes a doctor, she will truly understand why I fought so tirelessly for her and perhaps she will pay it forward by doing the same for her patients. 

Words just cannot express how much I love my precious little girl.  Happy Birthday to the sweetest, smartest, and prettiest 8-year old on the planet!

No comments: