Yes, it is!

Friday, October 12, 2012

This Is Why...

I am so determined to protect my children.  This is why I will be sure to monitor my children's computer, cell phone, any media/social networking activities.  This is also why I will not tolerate bullying from or toward my children.  (The video link to Amanda's story is attached at the end)

What this young girl went through is tragic.  I don't condone what she did, the incident that preceded the bullying. However, she did not deserve to be treated in such an inhumane manner.  She was a human who made a very foolish, very stupid mistake.  This is why preteens and teenagers need to be so very careful what they post on the internet and on their phones as nothing disappears forever.  You may delete something from your computer or phone but that image will forever remain somewhere in that device until that device is destroyed.  Any technical person can tell you that.  It is so important for parents/guardians to monitor such activities. 

This story is so sad and it brings tears to my eyes.  The torment she endured.  The pain she felt.  The rejection.  The deep feeling of loneliness.  There is nothing good about bullying.  However, I hope this young girl's story will resonate around the world to help spread the message that Bullying Can and Does Kill.  It kills the victim's spirits.  The light is extinguished eventually.  Then... life is extinguished if help doesn't arrive in time.   

I know the pain of rejection.  I know the pain of bullying.  I know the deep pain of loneliness.  I also know the feeling of wanting to die so badly.  This is why I'm so passionate about the topic of bullying.  I'm determined to do my part to bring awareness to it.  This is one reason I blog.

No comments: