Yes, it is!

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"Oh Absolutely Not!"

I can't help but wonder how quickly my daughter has become so mature with her language skills. She is one smart little girl.

Tonight as I was tucking Jackie into bed, I pulled up her blanket and lightly patted her on her chest and as I turned around to leave her room, she immediately commented that I touched her bra.  Bra?!  Haha.  Since Jackie will be 8 eight years old next week and she has been talking a lot lately about being a doctor, I seized upon the opportunity to teach her proper terminology.  So I explained to her that she doesn't have a bra; she has breasts.  Jackie then giggled and said "Well, your bra grows."  Gee, thanks kid.

  So I asked Jackie if she wanted her breasts to grow so she could wear a bra, too, and she immediately responded with "Oh, absolutely not!".  Absolutely?! I nearly rolled over with laughter.  However, that is a huge difference from 3 years ago when Jackie was 4 years old.  One morning, Jackie walked in on me as I was getting dressed.  She came over to me, pointed up to my chest and said, "I can't wait to get bigger so I can get bigger ones of those so I can feed my baby!"  I will never forget trying to stifle the laughter from that one.  She was very succinct about it.  Ah! Such precious memories.

Speaking of which, I received news today that our health insurance has approved breast reduction surgery for me. I'm a bit nervous about it but I know I will feel so much more comfortable if I have this surgery done.  I did pray that if this was the right thing for me to do, then the insurance would cover it.  I feel very comfortable with the doctor who will perform the surgery.  I am also looking forward to being able to buy bras at a regular store as opposed to a specialty bra store.  So pray that I will not be anxious about the surgery. 

No comments: