Yes, it is!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

School Horror Stories

Just in time for the new school year, I ran across this.
I think I can top most of those stories.  I once had a teacher who made me sit underneath his desk and then he pulled his chair up.  Yes, friends, it happened.  It happened during my 8th grade year.  I remember the school and, to this day, I even remember how the classroom looked.  For probably the third day in a row, I happened to get the hiccups during his class.  It was not intentional.  I don't understand why I got hiccups for several days in a row in that particular class.  Apparently, it annoyed the teacher enough that he made me sit underneath his desk, with him sitting at it. Yes, friends, it really happened and I hope and pray to God that my children will never have to endure such embarrassment. 
I met Jackie's new teacher last week and I think Jackie is going to have a great year with this teacher, much like she did last year during first grade.  Jackie has a lot of people at school who truly do care about her and look out for her.  I really appreciate that she has such caring teachers around her.  I admit that I worry more about Jackie being bullied than I worry about Ben being bullied.
Jackie was a victim of bullying twice during her first week in Kindergarten and after I emailed the teacher about it, the school social worker was right on top of it and Jackie has not suffered bullying at school since.  I'm so thankful for that.  I am also thankful that schools have stepped up to the plate to put a stop to bullying in schools.

No comments: