Yes, it is!

Friday, February 24, 2012

A New Twist On Baked Potatoes

I tried a new "recipe" tonight.  I found it on Pinterest, the latest and greatest social networking site.  It really is a great site for craft/sewing ideas, recipes, style, home ideas, etc, etc, etc. 
This recipe is very simple.  And very tasty.  Take red potatoes (I'm sure you could probably use another type such as yukon gold) and boil them in salted water until tender.  Then warm the oven at 450 degrees and drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet.  Place the boiled potatoes on the baking sheet.


Then take a potato masher and gently smash the potatoes down.  Drizzle olive oil on top of the potatoes and then top them with salt, fresh ground pepper, and rosemary or chives.  You can also use Thyme.  Tonight, I used Rosemary except for a couple of the potatoes which I topped with dried fresh chives.  Then I sprinkled a little bit of parsley on all of the potatoes.  In case you notice the potatoes that are not smashed, that is courtesy for my daughter who insisted that these "new" type of baked potatoes couldn't possibly be as good as regular, o' baked potatoes. 

Put the potatoes in the oven for 20-25 minutes.  I was very pleased with how these turned out.  They were crispy on the outside and the texture was perfect on the inside. .  I think next time, I need to add just a tad more salt.  In fact, I'm going to try kosher salt next time.  They were very good and Tim totally approved as well.  The kids?  Well, they refused to try them.   Too bad because they are a hit with Tim and me and I will be preparing them again very soon.  Here is the finished product:

No comments: