Yes, it is!

Friday, November 11, 2011

Love Thy Neighbor...

so the Bible says.  And I used to do just that.  Until recently.  I thought we had great neighbors until recently when I wrote a blog post asking for advice regarding 2 feuding neighbor girls and it was starting to involve my daughter.  Things with one of the neighbors went downhill from there.  Then I wrote a blog post inspired by a comment that my hubby made.  In that post, I talked about J giving a birthday invitation to one of the neighbor girls and that if the girl showed up, then I would do the christian thing and welcome her. Well, apparently, this upset the neighbors.  Again.  Here is the post. 
So, the father of this child came over last Sunday afternoon to confront me about that blog post. I asked why he was even reading it and he stated that he wasn't but that his 13-year old daughter is reading it.  I asked him why the hell his 13-year old daughter was reading my blog.  His response was that my blog is public (which it is) and that his friends are like "oh my god."  Whatever.  I realize my blog is public but if somebody is going to have their 13-year kid police my blog, well, then they have a problem.  It's not my problem.  This is my blog, I will write what I choose to write.  But, I admit that I didn't handle the situation well.  The stress of that and everything else just sent me into a tailspin.  I slammed the door in the father's face and screamed to him to get off of my property.  I then grabbed a few of my things and left the house. 
I'm so thankful for the support from my fellow bloggers, blogging networks, and personal friends. It's because of you that I am not giving up on my blogging.  And blogging has opened up several different exciting opportunities for me.
And, in a way, I am thankful for the neighbors.  Thankfully, my family survived (barely) my absence for a few days this past week but it made my hubby realize that some changes needed to be made.  And he's doing a pretty darn good job, so far.  He realized that he needs to protect and support me, value me, treasure me, make me feel loved.  I am a fiercely independent person but I still needed these affirmations from my husband.  I am feeling more loved than ever right now.  And I am finding it easier to reciprocate.  We have a way to go but I have more hope than ever. And my kids?  They've been great.  And so much more fun.  I love those kids.  I love my family so much.  So, thank you, Neighbor, for helping to orchestrate (albeit indirectly) the events that led up to this positive outcome. 
Speaking of the neighbors, I do miss the friendship that we had at one time.  But I have to admit that I am enjoying less whining from my daughter and I don't miss breaking up the bickering that occurred between our girls.  They probably think that I don't care about any of them at all but that really is not the case.  If it came down to it, I would help out in an emergency.  That's just how I am. 
So, A, if you're reading this, go give your parents the latest update. Okay?

No comments: