Yes, it is!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm Thankful For My House

Today, I am thankful for my house.  With so many people in our country losing homes to short sales or foreclosures, I am so thankful that we, as a family, are able to afford our house.  My house may not be big, but it is a very nice home.  Sure, it would be nice to have more living space and we could if we got our basement finished.  But, that's not a priority right now.  At least, not financially.  On paper, we could afford a little bigger house but I would rather be able to afford to do things as a family rather than be house poor due to a huge mortgage and higher taxes. We live well within our means. Of course, having 2 special needs children requires that we make every effort to live within our means in order that we can pay for all of their medical expenses. 
I am so thankful that, because of our financial responsibility, my children are able to live in one place long term without the fear of having to move any time soon.  I know that we will eventually need to find a bigger house, especially because we need would like a 3-car garage.  And I'm sure the kids will want bigger bedrooms.  But for now, I am content with our house.  And when the time comes to move up, I hope that we will be able to find a good deal like we got with this house.  We were so fortunate to snatch this house through a short sale (pre-forclosure) deal and the house was not trashed like so many foreclosures that you might hear about. 
 Thank you, God, for my house.

No comments: