Yes, it is!

Friday, November 4, 2011

I Am So Thankful...

...that I don't have to home school. 
Thank you, Lord, for a public education.  Thank you that my daughter has a great teacher who is better equipped than I am to be a teacher to her.  I just do NOT have the patience for pokey-ness, especially during homework time. But, thank you, God, that J is making straight A's so far. 
Now, I think homeschooling is a great thing.  For some people. It is not for everyone.  I think homeschoolers are some of the smartest people I've met.  Before J was born, I often thought that I might consider homeschooling her.  But as J started to show her strong will and her penchant for drama, I had second thoughts about homeschooling.  By the time J reached preschool age, all thoughts of homeschooling went right on out the window.  Thankfully, J is already a very bright kid and doing well in public school.
I'm not going to say that I will never homeschool my children but for now, it is not the right choice for us.  J is doing very well in public school right now.  If it ever gets to a point where it is no longer working out, then we would more than likely consider private school.  I just know that right now, homeschooling is a last resort for us. 
So that is what I am thankful for on this day. A public education; I just can't thank God enough for that. 

No comments: