Yes, it is!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Must Read

I recently read a blog post that touched on so many issues that I face as a mom.  This particular mom has 4 children, 2 of whom are special needs.  So many of the words she wrote could have been written by me.  It definitely should be read by everyone, especially those who think any person with any type of disability is less worthy than themselves.
I am so thankful for my beautiful children, even with all of their needs and therapy appointments.  Yes, I have my bad moments where I just feel stretched to the max and think that I just can't take anymore.  But, once I get through those moments, I look at my children with such awe.  I can't help but think, "are they really mine?", "did I help create these beautiful little people?". I often find myself sitting on the edge of their beds at night, in amazement at what I've been given.  And, I admit, sometimes a twinge of sadness will come over me just thinking about our struggles during these last few years. Then, just as quickly, I feel amazement that those 2 beautiful little beings are such gifts to me.  I love my children and I wouldn't trade them for anything.  My daughter may never be a world class gymnast.  She may never be a world class pianist.  But she is perfect to me and she has so many other talents to offer. My son?  Well, only time will tell.  I never dreamed that I would have a child with special needs, much less two of them.  But this is the life I've been handed and I wouldn't have it any other way now. My children are just perfect the way they are.
Have tissues ready and enjoy this blog post: my-angry-down-syndrome-awareness-post

No comments: