Yes, it is!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's the Christian Thing to Do

Oh really, Hubster?  Wow, that's the first time I have EVER heard that coming out of your mouth.  I never dreamed I would ever hear that coming from you. But, I guess you're right.
This morning was spent with Jackie going to the post office to mail off her birthday party invitations, going to Sam's Club to pick out a cake, and going to a craft store for party ideas.  Almost the entire time, Jackie asked me if I sent any particular person an invitation.  She just wanted to make sure I didn't leave anyone out.  I had to remind her a couple of times that those invitations that didn't get sent out are those that are going to kids that we will see within the next couple of days.  As soon as we arrived back home, Jackie insisted on taking the remaining invitations to a couple of her friends who happen to live on our street.  Can you tell that Jackie is very excited about her birthday party?  Then before I knew it, Jackie had taken one of the extra unaddressed invitations over to another particular neighbor girl with whom I've had some issues recently.  I have written about the situation in the last few blog posts.  What's done is done so now I just wait and see what happens with it.  It really doesn't even matter to me at this point if the girl shows up.  Jackie is oblivious to what is going on and I'll be happy to keep it that way.  She's just too young and innocent to get caught up in all the crap that has happened. 
So, tonight at dinner, I told the hubster about how Jackie took one of the invitations to this child and Tim's response nearly sent me into a state of shock.  He NEVER, EVER says anything like that. So, I will try to be a good, christian girl and welcome this particular child to the party if she should show up.  Thankfully, the party is not at my home and is in a public (and hopefully safe) place.

No comments: