Yes, it is!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Another Jackie Funny

Lately, my kids have been turning their noses up at whatever I prepare for dinner.  And I don't even cook weird stuff like my own mother used to do.  I try to pick child-friendly but healthy meals.  Tonight was no exception.  I cooked a turkey breast in the crockpot today.  And boy, did it smell yummy!  As I started to get the table set, Jackie came in and asked what I cooked for dinner.  Knowing she would turn her nose up at it anyway, I told her that I just cooked food and that I'm sure she won't eat it.  Jackie looked in the crockpot and asked if it was turkey.
Me: Yes.
Jackie: Ew, I don't like that.  Can you cook me something else?
Me: No.
Jackie: Why?
Me: Because I'm not a short order cook.
Jackie: (pauses)... Are you a long cook?
Yep, all 5 feet, 4 inches of me. 
It took everything in me to not bust out laughing. Jackie is a kid after my own heart. She takes things so literal much as I did as a kid. And I just love her so!
By the way, Jackie liked the turkey and even asked for seconds.  Perhaps telling her she had to have the protein to help her do good for her first night back to gymnastics tonight did the trick.

No comments: