Yes, it is!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Piece of Crap

Earlier in the week, I bought a spinner to dye eggs.  I thought it would be a fun thing to do with the kids.  I had never dyed Easter eggs with my children before so I was looking forward to something new with my kids.  So this afternoon,  I got everything set up and gathered the kids at the table.  Jackie decided that she wanted to start with the pink color.  I followed the instructions on the box. I put the egg in the spinner, added several drops of the color as per instructions, then pushed the top down to start the spinner. Fail!  The spinner kept getting stuck.  At first, I thought perhaps the egg was too big for the spinner so we tried another egg.  Fail again.  The spinner kept sticking. It would spin but barely.  I decided that it was more trouble than it was worth so I put everything back in the box and decided to take it back to Walmart to exchange with a different kit.  I took Jackie to Walmart with me where we waited in the long line at customer service.  You know how they want to know the reason for return?  Well, before the CSR even asked, I just told her that the spinner was a piece of crap and that it wouldn't spin right.  I just figured that the CSR would write "defective" on the slip but I watched, with humor, as she wrote my exact words, "piece of crap."  I started to chuckle and the lady behind laughed as well.  Perhaps next time, I'll just say it's "defective."  It just sounds a little more... couth.

No comments: