Yes, it is!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Is It Time for the Talk...

about the birds and the bees?  Oh Lord, I hope not. 
So lately, Jackie has been coming up with some crazy questions.  Questions that I'm not even sure God, if he exists, can even answer.  I just have to shake my head in amazement at Jackie's imagination.
A conversation with Jackie this afternoon:
J: When I grow up, I don't want to have a baby.
Me: Why?
J: Because I don't want my belly cut open because it will hurt.
Me: (I had to ponder this for a moment). Hmm, well, you might not need to be cut open.
J: Why?
Me: (I'm thinking "okay Lord, help me through this one) Well, the baby might be able to come out another way.
J: How?
Me: (okay, I really need help now Lord) Well, the baby might be able to come out from below.
J: You mean I won't have a baby come out of my belly like you did?
Me: What do you mean?
J: Like when they cut Ben out of your belly.
Me: at this point I'm just thinking that she was just 3 years old at the time and I shook my head in
        amazement that she has any memory of my c-section with Ben.
J: Well, I wish you could put the mean brother back in your belly.

Never a dull moment with my kids.  Anyway, this latest round of questioning has got me thinking that even though my daughter is just 6 years old, it might be time to start explaining things to her.  She already thinks that she's going to be able to purchase breasts at the store when she gets older.  And I have no clue where she got that idea from.  Certainly not from me.  Hmm, I wonder if I could RETURN my breasts to the store?

No comments: