Yes, it is!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

I discovered a great way to get rid of some Halloween candy.  I let Ben build a gingerbread shack.  Well, it wasn't planned that way.  The cookie base part wouldn't stay together and Ben kept trying to do his own thing so I just gave up and let Ben have at it.  His way.  And I think he did a great job building his gingerbread house. 
While I supervised Ben with his shack, Jackie was building her gingerbread house with help from Mimi.  Jackie had it easy, though, because that one came as a kit.  This is the first time that I was brave enough to do a project with the kids and it will probably be the last time for another 10 years.  Ooohhhh, what a mess it is to do gingerbread houses.  I like to do fun things with my kids as long as it isn't too messy. I know, I bad.  I just don't enjoy messes.  My house is messy enough having to clean up after the kids (including daddy).    I don't need a bigger mess.   So, here is Jackie with her cute little gingerbread house.

No comments: