Yes, it is!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Ben's First Day of Preschool

After a delay of 2 days due to weather, Ben finally started his first day of school today.  He is enrolled in an Early Childhood preschool where he will receive additional speech therapy.  Ben's teacher, Mrs. W,  is Jackie's former teacher and she is awesome as is the assistant, Ms L.
I thought I was well prepared for Ben's first day of school.  In fact, I was a little disappointed when he couldn't start on Monday as planned.  After I got to Ben's classroom, I took Ben to the potty before the class started.  Funny that it happened as we were leaving the restroom but it suddenly hit me that my baby is really no longer a baby.  He is actually in preschool now.  My heart sank for a moment and the tears welled in my eyes as I watched my baby boy go sit down with the other students.  I just can't believe how quickly these past 3 years have passed by.  Ms. L gave me a hug and it took everything in me to hold back the tears. 
After I left, I went grocery shopping at the commissary.  As much as I missed my little companion, it was so nice to be able to shop in peace and to be able to actually remember everything that I needed to buy.  I was able to take my time and in fact, I actually spent more money than usual due to the enjoyment of being able to take my time and look at other items that I never get a chance to even glance at when I have the kids with me.  It was awesome!  I love grocery shopping.  I know, weird.  But it's awesome when I don't have to battle with the kids. 
Before I knew it, it was time to pick up Ben from school.  I got there and saw that Ben was having a blast.  Ben LOVED it as evidenced by the fact that he did not want to put his coat on to leave.  Mrs. W and I were finally able to get his coat on to leave. 
As much as Ben enjoyed school, it certainly wore him out.  He fell asleep fairly quickly after we left the school to go run a couple of errands. 


Ben is so cute.  He squealed with delight when we went back in the afternoon to pick up Jackie from school. He saw the building where his class is and kept pointing and smiled huge.   I assured him that he would be going back again tomorrow and he squealed again with delight.  Ben will be one disappointed little boy if the weather causes school to be canceled tomorrow. 

No comments: