Yes, it is!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Birthday Wishes

 Jackie had a fun day at school on her birthday.  During morning snack time, I brought cupcakes to Jackie's class. That was fun and I think Ben even enjoyed the brief visit to Jackie's classroom.  I had to keep telling him to get out of the students' stuff.
I picked Jackie up from school and after we got home, I went through Jackie's school folder.  Inside the folder was a "birthday book" that the kids in Jackie's class made for Jackie.  Each student drew a picture of what they wished for Jackie and signed their name at the bottom.  The teacher put a paper curtain on top of each drawing.  As I went through and read the book to Jackie, I couldn't help but laugh at some of the wishes from Jackie's fellow students.  They ranged from the very simple to very elaborate and even a little strange.  One wished for a swingset and music.  One wished for a playset.  One wished for a TV to watch.  Hmm, we have a TV.  Actually, we have 3 and none of them are in the kids' rooms.



One kid wished for a beautiful trampoline.  A beautiful trampoline?!  OoohNooo.  Beautiful or not, I would rather not have any trampoline.  Especially after Jackie's accident nearly 3 weeks ago.  But Tim isn't into the idea of getting rid of the trampoline that we do have.



Another kid wished for a ring in a boy.  Now that one had me stumped.  A ring in a boy?  I can't help but wonder if the teacher misunderstood that student.  Perhaps it should be "a ring AND a boy."  Either way, it isn't happening.  The ring isn't happening and the boy isn't happening.  At least, not anytime soon.  Not until Jackie is 30.


I'm just mean like that!

No comments: