Yes, it is!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Hamster Woke Me Up

Yes, you read that right.  The hamster woke me up this morning. That's a first.  Usually, it's either one or both kids or the dogs who wake me up in the middle of the night.  I was a little annoyed that little Hammy decided to make a joyful noise this morning while he went crazy running in his wheel.  But a joyful noise it was indeed because without it, I more than likely would have overslept this morning and Jackie could have missed the bus.  Why?  Because I didn't realize that I had the alarm on my phone set on mute.  Thanks to my Hammie, I got up in time to wake up Jackie and get her dressed and fed and out the door to meet the school bus in ample time. 

I will also include an update about Scout.  I took him for his first treatment this morning.  By the time I got him back to my house, he was starting to feel a bit uncomfortable.  He was quite restless until I gave him a dose of enteric aspirin.  He will go home with his new mom tonight and she will return him to me in the morning so I can take him back for his second treatment.  I hate that Scout has been feeling uncomfortable after this treatment but once he gets over this hurdle, he should be back to his old self.  I am so happy that Scout is enjoying his new family.  He and his new girl, a fellow blond lab, have bonded very well. 

No comments: