Yes, it is!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Kettle Bells, Anyone?

Funny, everytime I hear kettle bell, I think of a cow bell.  My personal training day today involved all kettle bell workout.  Oh my!  It was a challenge for sure.  I started off okay but after a few minutes of the various movements,  it became quite apparent how weak my upper body and especially my arms are.  Misti had me do 3 cycles of continuous 5-minute kettle bell routines.  And that was not all; she also had me do 20 push-ups with each cycle.  Twenty!  I can barely do 10 and those are the sissy ones.  See! That shows just how much work I need to do with arm strengthening.  I can do burpees with not problem, now, though.  Yay me!  Well after today's workout, I had enough energy to do a quick run on the track and it seemed so much easier today than it has been the last couple of weeks.  My breathing was better.  But my shin splints are still bothering me and my knee is hurting again.  If it weren't for those, I could have gone another couple of miles.  Perhaps I should do more kettle bells because the energy afterward was incredible.  I'm sure I'll be feeling the pain tomorrow, though.
 

2 comments:

TIA HURT said...

keep it up!

Samantha said...

Thanks Tia! I appreciate the encouragement.