Yes, it is!

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy July 4th

Happy July 4th!
Today was another nice day in Coronado. This is also the day that I was planning to run in my first 5k. Unfortunately, my knee is still quite swollen and painful. I've been taking Ibuprofen on a regular basis and it does help with the pain. But I can definitely feel the pain as soon as the drug starts to wear off.Tim and I decided to take the kids, including cousin Sydney, to the San Diego zoo for the afternoon. Tim went to the travel office on base to get our tickets. Our tickets included unlimited rides on the skyfari and the tour bus. The bus was useful as it gave my knee a break from having to walk around the entire park. Sydney and Jackie each got face paintings. Jackie was thrilled that her face painting matched her clothing that day. The kids LOVED the skyfari ride although it made me a little nervous being so high up in a little bucket suspended in the air.After we left the zoo, we stopped at the Inn & Out restaurant for a late lunch/early dinner. We don't have those restaurants here so I had no idea what to expect. I was very surprised at their simple menu. All hamburgers (3 varieties), french fries (made fresh), soft drinks, and shakes. I don't eat red meat so I just ordered french fries. Now those were some good fries.
After getting back to the house a little later, we enjoyed another light meal before walking to the Landing at Coronado to watch the fireworks display from the bay. The fireworks display was fantastic. Last year, we were in Florida for July 4th and we all parked in a lot across from the Brandon mall to watch their display. It was pitiful and lasted about 5 minutes, no kidding. Apparently, most areas around Tampa last year cut back drastically with the fireworks and lasted just a few minutes. But San Diego? Wow, awesome job and they didn't hold back, either.
Thank you, San Diego, for a beautiful show to celebrate our country's freedom.

No comments: