Yes, it is!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First Movie Experience

Thanks to Wehrenberg Theatres Family Summer Series of free movies, Ben was able to experience for the first time a visit to a movie theater. He did fairly good, although he did get a little too comfortable with a few nearby patrons. This was also my first time to experience this free movie series put on by Wehrenberg Theatres. Jackie had experienced it previously when she was going to a private home-based childcare provider. Jackie and her friend, Taylor, also joined me for the excursion this morning.
Today's scheduled movie was "Tooth Fairy". I had no clue what it was about and at 101 minutes, I thought it might be a little long for Ben but I figured since it was free, we could give it a whirl. Since it is first-come first-serve, we got to the theater a little early so we could get tickets. The wait before the movie began was a little challenging with Ben wanting to climb the stairs in the stadium seating area and then venturing down the stairs and running away from me. But thank goodness for gummy worms and Skittles. Ugh, I always swore that I would never get my kids hopped up on sugar. I am eating my words now. Thankfully, Ben didn't make a pig of himself with the candy and when the movie finally started, he sat still for a good while before he became antsy again. He would switch between sitting on my lap, sitting or laying on his seat, and climbing the steps right next to our seat. I had to go retrieve Ben from the very top of the steps just 2 times during the movie. Every now and again, I would hand over a gummy worm to Ben. About 15-20 minutes before the movie ended, Ben was starting to become even more active and more vocal and I was starting to worry that it would force us to leave the theater. But with distractions and talking quietly to Ben about the movie, we made it the remainder of the movie. Thankfully, I was not the only one there with a talkative toddler which made me less worried about disturbing the other movie goers. All in all, it was a good first experience for Ben. I look forward to taking him, and of course Jackie & Taylor, again soon. Oh, and the movie... it was really cute. A little cheesy but cute.

No comments: