Yes, it is!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Update

Well, I got a pleasant surprise this morning. After I woke up and got the kids up and dressed, I noticed a bouquet of flowers on the table along with a card. Tim did a nice job picking the card out because it was beautiful. After reading the card, I got the kids into the car, including our neighbor, Taylor, and headed to church for Jackie's choir sound check. I thought for sure that I had missed it because we were so late but alas, we were fine. Jackie, my child who does not like to be center of attention, was worried because there were no people in the church, yet. I reassured her that it was just practice and that there will be lots of people to watch her. I was quite surprised that she was hoping to see lots of people as she usually becomes very quiet when she feels like people are watching her. So, when the time came for her choir to sing during the actual church service, Jackie did a wonderful job singing and doing the hand motions that go with it. And she did such a good job using her weak left hand for the hand movements. I was so proud of her. And the best part... her daddy came just to watch her. Then he left after Jackie was done singing.
After church, I let Jackie choose where to go for lunch and she picked McDonald's. Ugh. After lunch, I went to work out at the YMCA. Later in the afternoon, Tim called to ask if I wanted to go out to eat for dinner in a few hours. A few hours?! No, I was not going to be out late with the kids. I was determined to get Ben and Jackie into bed before 8:30 after way too many nights this week of too late bedtimes. So Tim was home within an hour and we left soon after to go to Olive Garden. We really had a pleasant time. And I should say that with the exception of Jackie waking up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, it was all in all a good day with my precious children. There was not as much fighting between the kids and hardly any crying over anything. Thank you to my precious children for allowing me to have such an enjoyable day with you. I LOVE my kids.

No comments: