Yes, it is!

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Jackie's First Day of School




Jackie started school today. She goes every day for 2 1/2 hours in the morning. The bus picks her up and drops her off. Riding the bus is the highlight of Jackie's day. She absolutely loves to ride the school bus and gets so excited when she sees any school bus on the road. Jackie has been experiencing better behavior for the past couple of days. But this evening she was a little more difficult again possibly because she started school and then she went over to a friend's house to play while I went to an appointment.
I went to Bible Study this morning and as I was leaving, one of the ladies waved and said "goodbye" to Ben and he waved and said "ba" back. I was stunned. I knew he could wave but I did not know that he could do and say it. Wow. Then I went to see my friend, Lisa, for a few minutes and everytime she said and waved goodbye, he imitated her. My little boy is growing up so fast. It's so nice, though, to see him develop so nicely. Jackie experienced delays with her milestones due to her mild disability. So, this is really exciting for me to watch Ben develop "normally".
Tim started classes this evening to work toward some sort of systems certification. So, he will be gone almost all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next few months. That's okay, though, because it means better opportunities for him to better support us in the future.

1 comment:

"The Student" said...

Haaaaiiii
Ummm..make me to remember my memory of first experience go to school